Advertiser Disclosure: Some links on this site are affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I may earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
American Express is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details and current product information, click the Apply Now link. If you apply and get approved for an American Express Card, I may receive compensation from American Express, which can be in the form of monetary payment.
Your support helps keep PointsWise running. Thank you!
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays From The PointsWise Team!
We wanted to take a chance to wish our readers a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from the PointsWise team, and say thank-you for your continued support over the last year! We also want to offer some insight into what to expect in the coming days, along with a hint at some exciting changes in the New Year!
We will be spending time with family and friends over the next few days, but will resume posting regular content to the website and social media on Wednesday, December 27th. Until then, here’s a chance to get caught up on a couple of our recent news stories about the loss of our favourite hotel rewards program and a bizarre lawsuit involving one of our local luxury hotels and.
- Fairmont President’s Club is being discontinued next year
- Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver is being sued by landlord
We’ve also started posting shorter ‘recap’ reviews for trip reports, understanding that our readers want new content quicker, and that not everyone has the time to read through a comprehensive flight or hotel review. If you didn’t see this new format, check out our recent posts (and look for some new ones later this week).
- United Airlines Boeing 747 First Class in 10 Pictures
- Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel in 10 Pictures
- Lufthansa First Class Terminal in 10 Pictures
And Finally, if you’re looking for a new credit card, check out our recent list of the top 5 travel reward cards in Canada, and learn how you could earn enough points to reach your travel goals sooner than you might think in the New Year!
Upcoming PointsWise Giveaway
Most of you will know we ran our first ever giveaway in December, with Andy Duncan winning a free night at the JW Marriott Parq Hotel in Vancouver! Congratulations Andy! We can’t wait to hear about your special night out!
We had an overwhelming response to this contest, and have decided to launch two similar promotions in January. While the full details are still being worked out, we have decided the first giveaway will be a one-night stay at The Ritz Carlton in Toronto with full details announced soon!
What’s Coming In 2018
The New Year looks to be busy for PointsWise, with some exciting changes coming in 2018. Full details of the changes will be announced soon, but we can share some insider knowledge of what to expect:
- Exciting new giveaways
- A comprehensive start-to-finish beginner’s guide to travel hacking
- New tools on the website to help our readers choose the best credit card products for their personal travel goals
- Increased content, including ‘snapshot’ reviews for trip reports, along with our regular in-depth reviews
- New options for our Concierge Award booking services, including annual memberships and affordable monthly subscriptions (our introductory pricing has been met with overwhelming demand, so if you want to lock in at $19.99 per month, you better act fast… *hint*)
We want to thank all of our readers again for the support throughout 2017, and wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. We look forward to helping you reach all of your travel goals in the New Year!